IsraelEuropean Research Network on Philanthropy
Tel Aviv University
Buchmann Faculty of Law
Institute for Law and Philanthropy
Website: Institute for Law and Philanthropy
The Institute for Law and Philanthropy
Faculty of Law / Tel Aviv University
email: gfeit@ post.tau.ac.il
The Institute of Law and Philanthropy was established in 2014, and it is based in Tel-Aviv, Israel. Major academic disciplines are economics, law, organizational theory, philosophy, sociology and anthropology. Key research topics of the centre are data on giving and nonprofits, cross-sector collaboration, institutional philanthropy and foundations, gender, justice and democracy. Research questions that are being adressed by the centre are, among others:
- How to map and follow donations from varied resources to non-profits in Israel?
- How do tax regulations effect giving and non-profit sector in Israel?
- What is the role for philanthropic foundations in Israel?
- How do foundations and government collaborate and to what effect?
- How does philanthropy relate to democracy and justice?