ERNOP Online Series
An important source of innovation and growth comes from research and development. Members of ERNOP produce the best research on philanthropy within the continent, but only limited output makes it to the board rooms, decision tables and policies of philanthropic organizations. The gap between production and usage of academic knowledge wastes valuable resources. With the ERNOP Science and Society Seminars, ERNOP aims to build a bridge.
The ERNOP Science and Society Seminars are a monthly series of online seminars in which researchers from ERNOP philanthropy research centres and academic chairs present their most recent work through online presentations.
Research centres are invited to share their work, keeping in mind their research output’s practical relevance and application. To make the most of the seminars, ERNOP has invited representatives from the philanthropic community to
participate in the initiative and discuss implications for practice. Also, session participants are invited to pose their questions and comments to make science better address philanthropy’s challenges.
The seminars cover a broad range of topics. The seminars will take one hour and consist of a presentation, moderated discussion by a discussant and space for questions by the session participants. The seminars will be accessible for
all interested and free to join. Let us together make philanthropy better to address today and tomorrow’s challenges!
After the summer break (starting October 25, 2022), we will continue with a new series of webinars. The following subjects will be discussed:
- Engaging young donors, by Dr Alison Body (October 25, 2022)
- Attracting donors via virtual reality, by Dr Giuseppe Ugazio (November 8, 2022)
- Leadership development in NPOs, by Nils Geib (December 6, 2022)
- The role of impact measurement and collective action, by Dr Lisa Hehenberger (January 10, 2023)
- Children and youth in organized activities, by Dr Daniel Arnesen, (February 7, 2023)
- Community philanthropy, by prof Tobias Jung (March 7, 2023)
- Social and corporate governance, by prof Paul Smeets (April 4, 2023)
- New initiatives on the structure of the philanthropy, by Dr Elodie Dessy (May 2, 2023)
All webinars are between 11-12 CET. Click on the webinar for more information and signing up.