LiechtensteinEuropean Research Network on Philanthropy
University of Liechtenstein
Center for Philanthropy
Center for Philanthropy, University of Liechtenstein
email: christian.meyn@ uni.li
The Center for Philanthropy at the University of Liechtenstein was established in 2018. It is based in Vaduz, Liechtenstein. Major academic disciplines are law and empirical studies. Key research topics are: charitable foundations, volunteering and donations. Research questions that are being adressed by the centre are, among others:
- What does the philanthropic landscape in Liechtenstein look like?
- Which are the major global developments in philanthropy with relevance for the civic sector in Liechtenstein?
- How can charitable foundations maximise their impact?
- To which extent and for what purposes do citizens in Liechtenstein volunteer?
- How does the legal, fiscal, and societal environment for philanthropy in Liechtenstein compare to other countries?